Lausd Bargaining Agreement

Highlights of the agreement between the district and teachers include: an average school day of 9.m to 2:15 p.m.m. targeted classes in small groups; daily attendance; opportunities for small group work and independent students; social emotional support; learning; flexibility for teachers to work on campus or from home; consultation hours for students and families to connect with teachers; and more. The Los Angeles Unified School District Board of Trustees on Tuesday unanimously approved a working agreement with its teachers` union that sets out procedures for continuing distance learning in the coming school year, with campuses remaining closed due to the coronavirus pandemic. The Los Angeles Unified School District and the United Teachers Los Angeles bargaining team reached the deal late Sunday evening after a marathon session of negotiations over the weekend, UTLA reported on social media. According to reports, the agreement will offer students a more predictable learning plan, similar to a normal school day, even if they will do so remotely, with campuses remaining closed due to the coronavirus pandemic. “These negotiations are about the health and safety of all. Whoever enters the school building,” said Arlene Inouye, who represents the UTLA negotiating team. The deal still needs to be formally approved by members of United Teachers Los Angeles. If he obtains this authorization, the pact will remain in force until December 31 or until the students are back on campus for regular education.

LOS ANGELES — The United Teachers Union Los Angeles and the Los Angeles Unified School District reached a preliminary agreement Sunday night on what looms for the 2020-21 academic year when students return to school online. A preliminary agreement between the LAUSD and the teachers` agreement would offer students three to four hours of live lessons per day, but some parents express concerns. (CBSLA) “When LAUSD schools were closed in March, educators, parents and students had to adjust to an emergency passport for only a few days. This time, it was important to reflect on the challenges and take into account the feedback from that experience – using information from a survey of parents and members and feedback from members – which is reflected in this final agreement,” UTLA Bargaining Co-Chair Arlene Inouye said in response to the deal. Lausd Superintendent Austin Beutner said the proposal was more structures and standards, while interacting between students and teachers. He also said more support would be offered personally and online. . LAUSD – the second district of the country – cares for more than 600,000 students in more than 1,000 schools. It employs about 75,000 people.

These are the 2017-2020 collective agreements for units B, C, F and G. Please note that these documents do not contain the final language of the contract. Schools will offer one-on-one support both in person and online to students who need it most, he said. On Monday, a Step Up tutoring program was announced, in which volunteers from across the country — screened people who are trained students or higher education graduates — are employed to provide assistance to K-8 students outside of the regular school day. . . .